You’ve got your WooCommerce theme ready to go and now it’s time to add your first product! Here’s a quick tutorial that shows you the basics in adding and editing a product. For more detailed information, visit WooCommerce’s documentation on Adding and Managing Products.
ADDING AND EDITING A WOOCOMMERCE PRODUCT
- Go to Products -> Add Products in your Dashboard. You’ll be taken to the Visual Editor to start adding your new product!
If you want to edit an existing product, select Products from the Dashboard and hover your mouse over an existing product and select Edit.
2. In the Visual Editor, type in the product name and include a description in the main text box.
Here’s what it would look like so far:
PRICING YOUR PRODUCT
3. Next, scroll down to Product Data to include the price for your product.
4. Have a sale item? Under the Sale Price text box, include a sale price value. This price will automatically switch the product to the sale price.
5. You can also schedule a sale with a start and end date. To do so, click Schedule under the Sale Price text box and input the From and To text boxes.
ADD PRODUCT IMAGES
6. Click Set Product Image to upload the image of the product. To add more images, click the Add Product Gallery Images.
Here’s what your product looks like so far:
And in the product list:
CATEGORIZE YOUR PRODUCT
7. Categorizing products helps organize your products for your customers. A common method is to include a list of categories in the sidebar of your website. Click all the categories that the product should be under.
8. To add a new Category, click Add New Product Category and create a new name. If needed, make sure to select which parent category it should be in.
AND DON’T FORGET TO SAVE!
Save as Draft or Publish your product post.
And there you have it – the bare bones to adding your first products! For more detailed information, visit WooCommerce’s documentation on Adding and Managing Products.
Click here to find more of my tutorials on using WooCommerce. Have fun!